In this privacy notice, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ mean Total Dentalcare Implant Centres (TDC). You can contact TDC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Who this policy applies to
This privacy notice applies to anyone who interacts with us about our products and services (‘you’, ‘your’) in any way, for example, across all digital, telephone, written or verbal communication channels. This privacy describes how we handle and may use your personal information.
1. Collection of personal information
We collect personal information from you so that we can respond to your information requests and offer you the best possible levels of service. We also use information to help inform our marketing activities. The collected information is stored on our secure database. We may collect information in the following ways:
• Website – if you complete a form our website, such as Contact Us and Book a Consultation. This information is stored for up to two weeks on the server before being stored on our secure database. Our website records IP addresses and browsers used
• Information entered onto completed forms via Facebook, download requests, surveys etc
• Emails – if you contact us via email or respond to one of our marketing emails
• Postal or face to face contact.
2. What information do we store?
We process two categories of personal information:
• Standard personal information, for example, information we use to contact you, identify you or manage our relationship with you
• Special categories of information e.g. health information. We may get this information from medical history forms you have filled in, from notes and reports about your health and any treatment and care you have received or need.
3. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All information concerning financial transactions is be secured according to the data protection policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
4. How we use personal information
TDC never shares or sells your information with any third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or that we feel may interest you. We may contact you by telephone, by email, by written communication (eg by post) or by SMS messaging. You can update your opt-in permissions for any of these communication channels by emailing us at email@example.com.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between us
• To help us target our marketing activities more effectively
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you (or any third party from whom you are acting) choose to do so
• To notify you of changes to our service
• As may be required in law.
Information is stored until it is no longer relevant.
5. Lawful basis for processing data
We are required by law to process all personal data “lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner” and to have lawful basis for processing that data.
At TDC the following bases apply:
(a) Consent: where an individual has given clear consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
(b) Contract: when processing is necessary for a contract we have with an individual, or because an individual has asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
(c) Legitimate interests: when the processing is necessary for an individual’s legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party.
TDC responds to enquiries via multiple channels such as email, telephone, letter and in person. We also send marketing information, including emails, to respondents who have requested information and opted in. If you wish to change your opt-in /opt-out preferences please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also obtain consent for the following:
• Taking photographs
• Sharing personal information with a referral practice
• Sharing information relating to appointment details, treatment details or costs with a named individual
• Using patient case studies, images etc in our marketing activities.
• Analyse behaviour on our website so we can improve our website and marketing activities
• Estimate our audience size and user patterns
• To store information about your preferences so we can customise our site according to your individual interests
• To speed up your searches
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
Cookies can also be used to help target advertising. TDC do not allow third parties to advertise on our site.
Third-party vendors, including Google and Facebook, may show our ads on sites across the internet.
Google show these ads on the Google Display Network, which means you may see our ads on blogs, forums and other sites.
Neither TDC or Digital Marketing Help (our website developers) control the cookies or the data that is collected. This is done by the third parties supplying the software, such as Google and Facebook.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting this link. (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/)
You can opt out of other cookies including Facebook by visiting this link (https://www.aboutads.info/choices) and here (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/)
You can refuse to accept cookies on our website by activating the setting on your browser or by opting-out when prompted on our our site.
7. Social media
TDC have an active presence on social media pages such as Facebook and Twitter. TDC do not have control of the terms, conditions or privacy policies of these platforms. Nor do we have control over how they may track or use your personal information. TDC do not ask for personal information in personal forums such as social media pages.
We also use social media platforms for marketing purposes as part of our overall marketing activity.
8. External links
9. Agencies acting on behalf of TDC
TDC work with a small number of marketing agencies who work on our behalf. On occasion they may have access to data eg to create “lookalike” audiences for market targeting purposes or use of patient photographs (where permission is granted) for design purposes. These agencies never use the data for their own marketing purposes and data is deleted once used.
9. Access to your information
If you would like access to or copies of your personal data please email us at email@example.com.